If you’re preparing for a Family photo session with your children, you may be feeling a bit apprehensive. Children aren’t always easy to deal with, which is why the below tips will definitely come in handy before your upcoming photo session with Gypsy’s Corner Photography in Buffalo NY.
- Don’t make a huge deal out of it. If you’re stressed out and cranky, your kids will usually pick up on it and act accordingly. Their behavior will usually be better if you are relaxed and having fun. You may have to make some compromises to keep the peace such as letting your energetic daughter’s hair stay straight instead of curling it because she won’t sit still. Focus on the big picture and don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Make it fun. Let the kids have a couple “fun pictures” where they get to pick their own pose or props. You get to keep the more serious photos while they get to keep their silly photos. This way everyone wins. If you are struggling to get your kids to sit still, we can turn the photo session into a game. Simon Says usually works like a charm.
- Be prepared. Sometimes we can be on location for an hour or hour and a half, ensure that your children are well rested and have had their nap. Bringing some snacks and activities along is also a great idea. If you are having your own photos taken too then you might want to bring a babysitter or family member along to watch the kids. If we happen to be shooting in a remote location, you never know when you might need something like bug spray, tissues or a first aid kit but if you forget those items don’t worry, I usually have them with me.
- Be patient. Save your sanity by trying not to control the photo session too much. Sometimes the best photos come from kids just doing their own thing. Work with me and your photos will look fantastic.
- Have a chat. Get your children talking to both you and me about topics such as school or their favorite songs. This allows them to feel more comfortable around me and will also give me a chance to capture a few candid and cute expressions.
I offer in studio Newborn and Children sessions and outdoor Family sessions.If you would like more information on my sessions and rates please visit my website at www.gypsyscornerphotography.com or if you are ready to schedule your session email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you!
If you would like to keep up with my recent work, you can follow me on Facebook or Instagram.
Tam Nelson of Gypsy’s Corner Photography is a Newborn, Children& Family Photographer, specializing in Fairytale portraiture serving the Buffalo NY, Williamsville NY, Amherst NY, Lancaster NY, Clarence NY and surrounding WNY area.